Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A-town highlights, Turkey Day Eve edition

I've been up since 5:00 AM EST, which is not the most awesome thing in the world given my general distaste for embracing the early morning hours, which also means that my brain is a little mushy right now.  So you're not going to get anything overly witty or informative today, just a quick rundown of the day's highlights.  Some of which are kinda ridiculous.  That's just how I am.

Item #1:  I'M ON VACATION!!!!
Item #2:  Never having flown Continental out of Reagan before, I wasn't sure what to expect from that terminal...but I was pleasantly surprised to see an Einstein Bros just waiting for me.  Not so pleasantly surprised when my "pumpkin bagel with pumpkin cream cheese, please" turned out to be a pumpkin bagel with HUMMUS on it, which I didn't discover until I was at the gate with no time to get it fixed.  DISGUSTING.  WHO DOES THAT?!?
Item #3:  Relatively uneventful flights - always a good thing.  Amused by the pilot on the Houston-Amarillo leg who announced "Ok, take a seat - we're about to go really, really fast."  I like it when they mix it up a bit.
Item #4:  Lunch at Tacos Garcia makes me really, really happy.  You just can't get this stuff on the east of coasts.

Chips and queso are sooooo tasty!  None of this "cheese dip" business!
Item #5:  You know those ridiculous little machines at assorted restaurants and grocery stores that sell silly things like fake tattoos?  Amanda and I chipped in a quarter each to buy ourselves a sticky wrecking ball.  Yes, it's as goofy as it sounds.  But it's provided us with more entertainment than you would think for a fifty cent outlay. 

I'm aware that I'm ridiculous.
Item #6:  I hadn't touched Wii Fit in a year.  But this afternoon I did.  And I'm gravely concerned with what I've done to my body in the last year.  Implementing personal health program ASAP.
Item #7:  "ASAP" for aforementioned personal health program means after Thanksgiving.  I baked two pies tonight.  I love love LOVE baking pies.
Item #8:  We had one of those really beautiful Panhandle sunsets that you miss when you're gone.


Happy Thanksgiving Eve, y'all!

No comments: