- I was running errands one weekend day, sporting some well-worn jeans to accompany my Austin City Limits t-shirt (thank you, Carolyn!!). The checker at the grocery store asked me, "oh, is that a band?" Sigh. I didn't even know how to begin responding.
- I occasionally get funny looks for saying ya'll. I think it sounds a hell of a lot better than "yous guys"...plus it's more efficient.
- "Tex-Mex gravy sauce" is not anything that belongs on top of a cheese enchilada. I believe you were attempting to refer to and possibly come nowhere near creating something known as chile con carne.
- I didn't find name-brand Rotel until Friday, June 5, 2009. I bought more than my inadequate cabinet space should really accommodate.
- The only Target in D.C. proper has this whole parking garage thing going on. I pay at least $1 to park my car and go to Target. What?? Sometimes I resort to driving to Alexandria...which is in another state entirely. That continues to fascinate me. I think I've mentioned this before, but it merits one more.
- I got stuck at the light at the corner of 6th and H. Oh, and I got stuck as a pedestrian, not as a driver of a vehicle, which is another observation in and of itself. Anyway, I hate missing that light because then I just have to wait it out - almost home, nowhere to turn. Except that I can turn, walk about twenty feet to Chinatown Express, and order takeout - steamed pork dumplings and Szechuan beef. Dinner, solved.
- One weekend I went out with Stephanie & Shane and one of his buddies for dinner. This is not an odd occurence - I go out for dinner all the time no matter where I live. What did I do for dinner, you might ask? I whacked crabs with a mallet, flinging shells about and extracting all the crabby goodness.
- A few weeks ago when I walked past the Gallery Place - Chinatown Metro station, there were two men selling baby turtles. What?? And people were buying them.
Happy weekend, everyone - watch out for turtles at Metro stops and flying bits of crab shell.