No, it's not ok. I know it's not. But at least I fast forward through commercials and the completely irrelevant parts of the shows that focus far too much on sequins and flab. Which at least makes it a little bit better.
In the interest of full disclosure and possible self-humiliation, I'm going to share my entire list of series recordings. Enjoy.
- 30 Rock (it's laugh out loud hilarious! Liiiiiiz Leehhh-mooooooon!)
- No Reservations (unfortunately not new at the moment, but I'm kinda in love with Anthony Bourdain and all of the amazing places he visits AND all of the FOOD!)
- Top Chef (my money's on Kevin - I mean, he used bacon jam and pretty much won over my heart)
- Biggest Loser (some fast-forwarding involved here, especially since spunky Rebecca got the boot)
- Glee (I LOVE musicals and therefore LOVE this show, even if there are some cheesy plot holes. I almost bought the soundtrack. I am in LOVE with this show. Apologies for the three uppercase loves.)
- The Office (Must See TV still exists!)
- Modern Family (loving it more every week - yay for funny new shows)
- Daily Show (dose of liberal)
- Colbert Report (dose of conservative)
- Iron Chef America (culinary showdown, baby)
- Barefoot Contessa (I pretty much want her kitchen and her job)
- Tyler's Ultimate (most of the savory ultimate recipes involve bacon - it has to be good)
- Dancing With the Stars (I can't help it - the sequins...shiny, shiny!...draw me in)
- Mad Men (WHY did Season 3 have to end?!? I'm going through withdrawals on Sunday nights at 10 PM)
- Crossroads (I delete about 80% of these, but sometimes there's some pretty cool music)
- Project Runway (this season has been subpar, but I'm sticking with it - go back to NYC!!)
- Inside the Actors Studio (James Lipton is wacky, but if there's someone on I care to know a little bit more about, I'll tune in)
- Amazing Race (I kinda want to be on this show. Or maybe I just want a whirlwind tour of the world...without the crazy challenges.)
- Community (funny...and then not so funny...and then funny again. I can't decide if I'm keeping it or not)
- Survivor: Samoa (yes, yes, I've been a Survivor person this season, which I'm a little ashamed to admit. But...the social dynamics are kinda fascinating this time around)
- How I Met Your Mother (I'm finally all caught up on this one and watching the current season!)
- Say Yes to the Dress (don't judge - it's amusing background noise, and can't a girl dream sometimes?)
- Next Iron Chef (it's filling the Sunday night void left behind by Mad Men)
- Julia/Jacques Cooking at Home (have you ever watched this? Julia and Jacques are hilarious!! I love how she orders him around)
Caveat - I do not watch all of those shows religiously. Some sit on the DVR forever or hit their four-show save limit and cycle in and out. But maybe I should get away from the TV and do a little bit more living.
Oh, wait! Glee's on!