Oh yeah, today is my mom's birthday, so I'm giving her a shout-out. She's put up with me for all these years and deserves it.
Mom, you probably won't see this until the weekend blog catch-up reading, but just know that it's going up on your b-day. Kinda like how I told you what was in your birthday package that USPS is holding hostage so you would actually know on your birthday. It's one of those things.
I love you, Mom, because:
- after a crazy day at work, you put that Jeep into four-wheel drive and plowed your way through all that New Mexico snow to rescue Amanda and I from the electricity-less after-school center.
- you helped (helped? I'm sure you did all the hard work!) sissy and I bake an absurd amount of cookies for a school event that never came due to the aforementioned crazy snow.
- you taught me how to sew and didn't make too much fun of me for the crooked blue-jean quilt.
- you always encouraged me to do my best. My best in anything, no matter what it was, and thank you for faithfully attending those choir concerts.
- care packages always help, whether I'm 18 or 28, and you know that.
- the hug you gave me the day you dropped me off for my freshman year of college told me exactly how much you love me.
- no matter how many recipes I flip through or cookbooks I buy, your pie crust is the one I'll love.
I love you, Mom, and I hope you had a fantastic birthday day! See you in two weeks for Turkey Day!