Saturday, February 21, 2009

Where have you been all my life?

Welcome home, Erin! What are you in the mood for today? Some culinary adventures, perhaps the latest sports headlines? A dose of news mixed in with comedic writing, most notably of the Colbert or Stewart variety? Oh, if you had a long day at work, Anthony Bourdain's biting sarcastic wit might just push you over the edge, so maybe you'd rather wind down with some easy laughs from those adolescent-year sitcoms. Really, whatever you'd like, just let me know.

Is that your phone ringing? Don't worry, just pause me and I'll be right here waiting for you. Take as long as you need!

What was that? A fire truck screeching its way down 5th, temporarily robbing you of your ability to hear anything, most notably the comments at judges' table on Top Chef? Quick rewind coming right up! You won't miss a thing! Oh, and did Fabio's Italian lilt garble his words a bit? We can back right up and catch that again, too.

Remember last Sunday when you didn't realize a new season of Amazing Race was starting until you caught the last ten minutes of the premiere? I've got it all taken care of - Travel Channel is showing that episode again (what a great agreement, CBS and Travel Channel!) later this week, which you probably didn't realize, so I'll just save it for you and you can catch up whenever you have some free time.

An extra-long episode of Top Chef? That's ok, I promise I won't switch over to the Daily Show - I know Top Chef means more to you, so I'll make sure to get all of that one. You've gotta have your priorities!

Oh, DVR, where have you been all my life?


1 comment:

Jenny Peterson said...

We've been telling you it was time! So happy for you and your DVR. I know you'll have an excellent, long relationship together. Best wishes! :)