Saturday, April 6, 2013

Minor victories

Last year I baked a pie at the end of a long day.  This year I waited until the morning after a string of long days so that coffee could factor into the equation and kick-start my brain while I put together some blueberry crumb bars to take to Easter lunch at the Vaughns.  So even with a change in the jobs that's been *mostly* for the better, I still do this crazy tax thing and I'm still incredibly busy in light of this 4/15 situation.  Hmmm.  Guess I'd better look for minor victories where I can find them.


So for this minor victory I baked and didn't work on Easter.  I'll take it.  Especially when Gracie greets me with hugs and smiles and giggles and unabashed joy for all the Easter festivities.  Love this kiddo to bits.  Thanks for having us over, Vaughns!  Now, everyone enjoy the cuteness.

Omg, I am sooooooo excited about finding these eggs!!!  Except the ones I can't see or reach - geez, Dad.
Excuse me, this basket is getting loaded down with eggs - a little help?
Chocolate...chocolate...chocolate...

2 comments:

Diana said...

This post made me smile. Both for the coffee cup in the first picture, as well as that sweet girl's grin. So glad you could take some time off to celebrate with us!!! And thanks for the adorable pictures!

Erin said...

You know I need my caffeine. :) Glad you liked the pictures, and I'm SO glad I could be there with you guys!