Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ten years already?

My ten year high school reunion was last weekend - yeeps.  Making me feel a little old.  Just a little bit.  Did I attend?  No, I did not.  As much as I would love to see...well, my parents more than anyone, I wasn't really in the mood to shell out the dollars for an Amarillo trip given that I've been bleeding a little cash lately.  Would I have attended even if I still lived in Amarillo?  You know, I don't know.  I keep up with anyone I really want to keep up with.  Carrie, Kerry, Darcy - we're all still very close and always pick up right where we left off.  And as for everyone else, that's what Facebook is for, right?

I haven't even cracked open a yearbook for nostalgic flipping through those formative years.  And there will definitely be no pictures to accompany this post.  Those were some unfortunate years for me in the bangs department.  Among other things.  Just take my word for it.

All of that said, I think I did embrace the spirit of reunion weekend by booking a reunion of my own - with Darcy.  Only not in Amarillo.  In SPAIN.  Into Barcelona on September 5, fly out of Seville on September 17, and it's basically going to be amazing.  I've already added the countdown clock over on the side there just so I can continue to be excited about it as the days tick away.

Now THAT is how you do a reunion.

5 comments:

Darcy said...

Sign me up for that reunion! Oh wait - I already am! :D I can't wait for our Spain adventure. Right now the countdown clock is sitting around 79 days, 15 hours, 58 minutes...I might be on your blog throughout the days just so I can watch it count down!

Whoohoo!

Belinda said...

You will have a blast in Spain! Miss you Erin...it's been too long.

Erin said...

Darcy, I. CAN'T. WAIT. See you in...whatever the countdown timer says! =)

Belinda!! I miss you, too - think the Jordans should make a trip to D.C. in the next seven months or so? Hmmmm...at any rate, I'll be many miles closer in not so very long!

Girl Interrupted said...

Oh wow! I've always wanted to go to Barcelona! I bet the food is lush and you'll be able to take loads of great photos.

Gah @ reunions! One of the best things about moving away from where you grew up is being able to disconnect from all the people you loathed but had no choice but to go to school with :P

Erin said...

I might need an extra (on top of extra #1 and extra #2) memory card just for the food pictures! Spain spain spain spain spain...