Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Más magdalenas alcohólicas...

...or for my primarily English-speaking audience (as far as I know, anyway), more boozy cupcakes. Felíz Cinco de Mayo, everyone! This day calls for...margaritas...in cupcake form. I do have an excellent recipe for the actual beverage as passed down from the father of one of my dearest friends, and it has served us well over the years, but I don't know if a pitcher of margaritas would go over well with the Washington national tax crowd, soooo....I'll take baked goods with a hint of booze to work instead of getting us all loopy.

I had plans to start with this recipe, but its vegan nature really started to freak me out when I realized there were zero eggs in the cupcakes. How can you bake cupcakes without...eggs? I might have to try it just to see what happens, but I'd rather experiment another time. I have absolutely no problem using animal products, so time to search for new recipe inspiration...and even though I'm not a huge fan of Rachael Ray, she came through for me in the clutch by using copious amounts of butter, eggs, and milk that's not made from soy. Some slight modifications to this piece of work and we're good to go. Check out the sugared rims on those guys, hanging out at my cube, just waiting to be devoured. That's right, snapping a couple of pictures at work because I completely forget to get any artsy kitchen shots in.


Between Stephanie and I, four boozy cupcake adventures down - car bomb, mimosa, pomegranate cosmopolitan, margarita - and many, many more to come. I believe we have mojito and strawberry daiquiri coming up. Bring on that bakery and liquor license.

No comments: