|Hello at 28 weeks, baby! Which was about two weeks ago...details, schmetails...|
- Physically feeling pretty good, other than the fact that I keep waking up in the middle of the night - I think he likes to throw raging dance parties around 3 AM, which I'm sure is fun and all, but not for mom.
- Baby had the HICCUPS last night, which was both adorable and completely freaky. It's been so incredible to feel his movements go from the tiniest little flutters to full on "yeah, I'm in here!" motions all the time. And have you ever seen your midsection just MOVE because something INSIDE YOUR BODY IS MOVING? O. M. G.
- I'm not exactly craving ice cream, but Craig keeps buying it for me, so I keep eating it. I'm not too sad about the way this is working out. Thanks, honey!
- Actual cravings? I went through a clementine phase, which was great since I was feeding myself and baby healthy things, but now I've moved on to carbs carbs comforting carbs. I'm not going too crazy with the food, though, and weight gain is right on track. Phew.
- Doctor appointments have gone from being every month to every two weeks...which just drives home the point that we're in the home stretch, making this both incredibly exciting and mildly terrifying.
- Right after we found out "it" is a "he," I may have gone on a bit of a clothes-buying bender. Which means Craig has banned me from buying any more baby clothes.* Yes, I know people love to buy tiny cute things for the baby, so I really don't need to...but I love buying tiny cute things, too!
- Did you know I'm a worrier? Who, me?? Yeah, so basically I'm worried about everything ever. Although I took my glucose screening test a week and a half ago and haven't heard anything back on the "no news is good news" kind of test results, so I'm actually NOT worried about potentially having gestational diabetes. Woot woot!
- At this point I've worked my way through an entire little tub of Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter, mostly because I had this month or so in trimester #2 where my skin (we're talking arms, legs, WHOLE BODY) was crazy itchy. I think that one was a combo of winter skin in general + pregnancy heightening sensitivity to basically all things that could cause problems.
- I've switched to flats for the remainder of this "carry a growing baby around" business - a little bit of pain/swelling going on in the leg/ankle area. Highly recommend these Gap maternity pants for work - I actually bought two and hemmed one for heels and one for flats. I haven't worn pants that actually buttoned since early January...this could be hard to go back to...
- I'M HAVING A BABY, AND CRAIG AND I ARE GOING TO BE ACTUAL PARENTS OF A HUMAN BEING. That's all.
*Theoretically. What he doesn't know won't hurt him on the baby clothes front...how do you resist this??