Thursday, January 13, 2011

Holidayapalooza 2010, Virginia Beach-style

Christmas season 2010 was a little all over the place.  Craig and I drove down to Virginia Beach on the 21st to spend some time with his parents, where I learned the following things...

The beach is always beautiful, even when it's freeeeeeeezing outside.
The city of Norfolk has mermaids everywhere.  EVERYWHERE.
Large, imposing battleships are much less scary when adorned with a wreath.
Water is alllllll around.  And it can come get you.  I'm still not totally comfortable with water.
I also learned that my future father-in-law is an exceptional board game player (especially one particular game involving military strategy), my future mother-in-law is a rather wonderful hostess, and some kitty cats actually do like Craig (ahem, Harrison).  Check out the pictures from the Virginia Beach adventures here.  More holidayapalooza to come...pretend I'm flying from Norfolk to DFW at this very moment...

No comments: