Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Welcome to the world, Grace Elizabeth!

The last few days, I've had a lot on my mind.  And even though I'm sure she didn't know it, a sweet little girl showed up just when I really needed her.  Thank goodness this child worked things out so that I'd have just enough time to swing by the hospital on my way to the airport for a flight back to DC on Sunday afternoon.  She pleased her aunt so much with this fortuitous arrival that of course I showered her with gifts immediately upon my arrival.  This bodes well for you, Gracie girl, it really does.

Grace Elizabeth Vaughn (formerly known as Peanut!  we know she's a she now!) made her way into the world on October 3 at 8:51 AM, all 8 lbs, 14 oz, and 21.25 inches of her.  I don't understand why they don't have a line on all of her identifying information to include the word "perfect."  Get with the program, every medical center everywhere in the world.

Congratulations on the new arrival, Diana and Trinity!

Sweet Grace taking a rest on her mommy

Just look at that face - the cuteness is too much
 
All the Vaughns!

I happen to think they already make a pretty awesome family

Grace, you are simply too cute for words

SO GLAD I got to meet you on your birthday, Grace!
No excessive pictures for this one (?!?), but here's the Picasa link to check out my short glimpse into the early hours of Gracie's life.

Welcome to the world, Grace Elizabeth!  We're awfully glad you're here.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so, so, so glad you got to meet her before you headed back!! Thankful I got to see you this weekend!

Oh - and she's precious!

Addy's Daddy said...

I'm so jealous that you have already gotten to see and hold her! Aren't you supposed to live halfway across the nation while I only like 5 hours away? Stupid job and responsibilities....

Erin said...

Sarah, so happy to see you AND Grace all in the same weekend! That'll be every weekend, soon enough...well, maybe not EVERY weekend, but you know...

Thomas, I totally lucked out on timing for this one - I think Grace heard me yelling "get out, come out of there!" at her/her mother's bump on Friday night. It worked. Too bad for you that you're so dedicated to your job AND your lovely family.