Thursday, April 8, 2010

A well-stocked medical supply cabinet

You know what the Wound Care Center looked like about a week and a half ago?  Well, we've now expanded to something along the lines of this:


Needless to say, this little stinker is the gift that just keeps on giving.  However, I'm happy to report that as of Tuesday morning I no longer have gauze packed into my chest - soooo exciting!!  Now I just do a Neosporin + bandage routine that isn't so bad at all.  Oh, except for the nasty allergic reaction I had to what I previously referred to as "really cool wound dressing film" and now refer to as "the deceptively awesome-seeming-yet-truly-not-awesome wound dressing film."  Hence the tubes of cream that are attempting to heal my skin.

Back to the doctor in the morning for another check-up and surgery discussion.  Apparently this was a rather deep cyst, so it's looking like the OR and I have a date in the not-so-distant future - want to get alllll of it out so I don't have to deal with this ever again.

Oh, and you know how freaked out I was about pulling gauze out of my chest?  I've really gotten pretty good at it.  Funny what you can do when you know you need to just deal with it.

No comments: