Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy 9/15!

To all of you tax accountants out there who have struggled and toiled with the compliance burden known as September 15th, I salute you.  I have felt your pain, walked a mile in your shoes, and...[insert cliché here].

Now, that part I don't miss.  The pain and struggle and toil part.  I've taken advantage of my reasonable D.C. schedule to accomplish awesome things like actually taking off Labor Day and watching college football instead of spending most of my waking hours in the office.  But I do miss the camaraderie and collegiality and general feelings of "we're in this together!!" that come with all of that struggle.  However, if that can only be built through working fourteen-hour days and weekends together...surely there's something more to it than that.

Go lift a glass and celebrate an accomplishment and small break in your busy, busy lives.  I'll be calling quite a few of you soon...you know, since you'll actually have time to talk on the phone and all.


2 comments:

Sully said...

How great for you, that you didn't have to work this Sept 15! It sounds like a welcome change. And your weather sounds as if it's had a pleasant, autumnal feel . . .I love it!

Erin said...

Oh, I still worked, just on completely different stuff and for 45 hours a week instead of 80! =)

Wishing for more pleasant, autunmal weather, please - I love it.