1. Do not, under any circumstances, start reading The Hunger Games anywhere near a time where a reasonable person should go to bed. Good thing I ordered the trilogy from Amazon and have two more books to get me through holiday vacation time. Yes, it's approximately 3:58 AM EST. Oops.
2. Holiday vacation time doesn't really start until 2:30 PM EST tomorrow. Double oops on the whole "starting The Hunger Games at 11:30 EST" business. Work tomorrow is most definitely not going to be awesome.
3. When it's really, really cold outside, make sure you wear some kind of shoe that actually requires use of socks. Your feet will be much warmer and toastier this way. Basically, don't wear ballet flats in DC in late December.
4. Consider shipping all gifts directly to their final destination when you live a looooooooooooong way from home. Packing can get a little iffy when you're trying to figure out where to fit certain things in a giant suitcase. Triple oops.
5. If you're getting engaged but don't know it, try to magically summon the willpower to not look exhausted by 9:00 PM so that pictures from that night actually make you look human.
6. If you're traveling to three different cities over the course of ten days during the Christmas holidays, consider starting the packing adventure before 7:30 PM the day before you're supposed to leave. Also, don't get caught up in The Hunger Games.
7. Kitty cats are very sweet when they snuggle up next to you for hours while you read young adult fiction.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
So...I got engaged on Saturday night to a wonderful man who loves me more than I ever thought possible. If only I had recorded myself telling the amazing story of how this happened so I could post an audio clip and just let it play on the blog. Can you even do that?? That would be awesome. I'll tell you about it soon, though, if you haven't already heard me crying and babbling on the phone. SO EXCITED!!!!
And yes, I'm still moving back to Texas. Just bringing someone with me, that's all. Yes, Zach the dog! And Craig, too.